Magickal good luck
In terms of magick and occult, good luck, that so ferociously longed quality, in not some kind of elite privilege that chooses to align itself with some random people. In fact, like many things in life, it’s a matter of knowing how to, and working to provide, sustain and amplify this quality.
What more, in magick luck can be created, or generated, drawn, or even repelled, wasted or banished. Hoodoo, is by far, the most abundant magickal system concerning methods of dealing with luck, magickally. In essence though, there are three methods universal in all magick to improve one’s luck:
· Drawing, attracting good luck· Banishing bad luck
· Transforming bad luck into good luck
Many people online keep complaining how their “good luck spells” fail, or are too difficult to make work. Let me tell You, that 99% of these people ( if not more ) are simply wannabe casters, or people who have not proper understanding and concept of magickal knowledge. These people often fail to understand the ominous nature of luck, as a process or occurrence, and fail to understand the way it works. When they ask me, or mail me with questions about such, I direct them to that wonderful Tarot card “The wheel of Fortune”, and it’s cyclic, though quite unpredictable nature, akin to that of a rulet or lottery wheels. Good luck spells give You power to affect this wheel in Your favor, to be on the right place in the right time, get the right cards or numbers. So what is essential to understand prior to attempting any good luck magick is:
· Good luck spells increase Your chances in attaining Your goals, vastly, but they do not conjure something out of the thin air. Casting good luck spell to help You obtain a new car and that sitting on one spot waiting for cars to somehow appear, is excuse my bluntness, plain act of idiotism.
· So after casting a good luck spell, be vigilant of opportunities and omens, as they appear, and they shall, If You have done things properly, and will be best suited for You and Your abilities and nature. That does not however mean that You should somehow “test” Your luck spells and keep thinking of it, and counting days, minutes and seconds until it takes effect, or thinking about how exactly it will take effect. Tradition has said, and the experience has confirmed that this kind of behavior effectually “kills” most of the spells, but good luck and success spells and rituals in particular.
· Sometimes luck drawing must be preceded by banishment of bad luck, uncrossing or removing blocked condition ( road opening ) which would in such case, be the reason for the lack of good luck in Your life. In such case luck drawing rituals give very temporary and rather minute effects, If any at all
· And perhaps most important, realize that luck is not something distant, which You do not deserve or is next to impossible to attain. It’s all around and You have right to it as much as any other person or even object in this universe. It’s rightfully Yours, it’s not unethical to claim, and it’s not an elite quality of the privileged few. I hate to agree with that utterly reductive book “Secret” but, perceiving luck in opposite fashion, will fence it off from Your life.
· Luck that You draw is neither intangible nor eternal. Which means You cannot cast one single good luck spell, or perform one single ritual and expect to be secured with infinite amount of it for a lifetime. Allegory of garden illustrates this concept decently; it needs work and maintenance, more or less regularly. If this appears to You as common knowledge obsolete of mention, You would be surprised how many ( !!! ) people fail to understand this.
Now, having understood those simple principles, the knowledge and work are the only things You need to employ to become lucky. And here are some tips and advices for You:
Luck spells are most proficiently done in days and hours of Sun, Mercury, Jupiter and Moon ( pretty much in that order ) or on auspicious holidays, such as New Year, during Spring and Spring holidays such as Imbolc , Ostara and Beltaine . Full Moon nights are traditionally associated with wishing and good luck, as well as enhanced magickal rituals, and are thus also good choice for good luck ( spiritual ) work.
Lucky curious and materials vary from universal lucky symbols, such as horseshoe, or four leaf clover to anything someone considers lucky, even though the latter is rather a fetish, than a charm. Botanicals are many, for example, Cinnamon, which brings luck in a hurry, Vanilla, Dragon blood chunks which are lucky to carry on oneself, Vertivert roots which not only bring good luck, but remove bad luck and are an uncrossing agent, Citronella, and so on.
Minerals include auspicious lodestones, pyrite chunks, even Bluestone which though toxic, and most often used as demonifuge, is also lucky in gambling, which entries in Hyatt’s “Hoodoo – Conjuration – Witchraft – Rootwork “ speak of, and others.
Animal curious are various too, yet I am not extremely fond of using them, for to have their full effect they often demand quite gruesome and cruel, often inhumane, methods of retrieval. For example, certain methods require catching a rabbit in the graveyard, taking it’s “left hind leg” while the animal is still alive, or warm, depending on the source, and buring it for nine nights in graveyard ( this is often suggested If the right leg, instead of left is used ), after which it’s to be disinterred , and worn on chain for luck.  Not to mention the black cat’s bone which must be retrieved by cooking the poor animal, alive, to obtain the special bone, which other than invisibility, confers great luck in gambling and other. Aligator’s tooth is an example of more acceptable animal charm, for they lose them constantly, and If You live where there are many crocks ( like California for example ) You can find and use them. Black cat’s hair is a similar example, those cute little things sometimes shed like crazy. Also a few hairs carefully “harvested” using scissors, Your kitty might never even notice missing, and they pack as much punch as the notorious bone, in terms of luck magick, when properly used.
Spell s and tips
Here are few spells and tips, for Your convenience, and for a productive and lucky year to come
· Four B’s lucky incense is reputed to draw luck, prosperity, happiness, while simultaneously repelling evil , and to make it one should combine ; Bayberries, Bay Laurel leaves, Basil dried, and a Buckeye nut  Waft Yourself, or burn in good luck rituals. Smudge Your lucky mojo bags with this incense
· A seal of Sachiel, the Archangel of Jupiter, along with some Cinnamon, Anise and Carnation petals can be carried for luck, in a sachet, or mojo bag, preferably of a square shape. Also all the herbs can be added in quantities of 4 , pinches for example
· For those who work with Orisha’s a curious talisman made of simple bred piece nailed to the inside of the doors, with purple ribbon around the nail and dedicated to Babaly aye, will ensure flow of good luck in home
· Pair of old keys ( it can be a single key too, particularly that one of the “Skeleton key” kind ) dressed with Van Van oil, and prayed over ( Psalm 23rd ) make a great charm for general good luck , opportunities and success drawing
· Four leaf clover in a red mojo bag, dressed with “Lady luck oil” ( You can substitute with some other lucky oil If You lack this particular one, see a recipe later in this post ) will ensure strong and steady flow of luck and good fortune while carried on oneself, and in the same time it will repel bad luck and negativity
Turning the tables on bad luck ritual
You will need a double action candle. If Your luck issues are more specific, and concern targeted aspect of Your life like love, You can use red black double action candle. Should You desire to turn Your money luck around, You can use green black double action candle. Black and white, double action candle will work universally.
So begin by butting the candle , and thus making the black-wax-side top now.
Dress the whole candle with “Lucky 13” oil , black part from in a banishing motion ( bottom to top ) , and white part in opposite, drawing direction.
Roll the whole candle in powdered or finely crumbled dried Verbena plant. Light amount of powdered Verbena makes it a far less messy ritual J
Now light the candle, and pray that Your luck turns around ( from bad to good ) and that all blocks, and obstacles that hinder it disappear.
Then finish by saying the 57th Psalm.
Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me,2 I cry out to God Most High,
for in you I take refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings
until the disaster has passed.
for in you I take refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings
until the disaster has passed.
to God, who vindicates me.
3 He sends from heaven and saves me,
rebuking those who hotly pursue me—[c]
God sends forth his love and his faithfulness.
4 I am in the midst of lions;
I am forced to dwell among ravenous beasts—
men whose teeth are spears and arrows,
whose tongues are sharp swords.
5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
let your glory be over all the earth.
6 They spread a net for my feet—
I was bowed down in distress.
They dug a pit in my path—
but they have fallen into it themselves.
7 My heart, O God, is steadfast,
my heart is steadfast;
I will sing and make music.
8 Awake, my soul!
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.
9 I will praise you, Lord, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.
10 For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
11 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
let your glory be over all the earth. 
Let the candle burn all the way down.If the condition is old ( long lasting ) and very strong, keep praying until the candle burns all the way down. A nice cleansing bath would be of great utility, If taken prior to this ritual.
This ritual plainly, and effectively turns bad luck to good one, it converts the energy of bad luck around/ upon You into energy of good luck, making it thus, a form of transformation ritual.
This one is from my Scribd publication “Ars Olei”. It’s a general good luck drawing oil, that also has some cleansing and empowering properties, and can be used in all kind of luck works, to cleanse and remove negative energy and draw good luck
In a base oil, combine the following
· Dragon’s blood chunk· Vertivert essential oil
· Citronella essential oil
· Lemongrass essential oil
Anoint oneself and use as lucky perfume oil, dress lucky charms, or candles in luck rituals, add to bath salt and so on
To banish bad luck
Dress a white candle with some olive oil and roll it in Cayenne pepper flakes. Place it on the floor and light it, and then jump over it to banish bad luck.
If You do not know how to evade fire hazard of this spell, which is fairly easy, don’t do it. I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE for anyone’s lack of common sense.
I hope You find this post informative and helpful. Many Blessings and Happy Candlemass
Luv , Shadow :)
NOTES: This article was written and composed by myself, therefore should You desire to use any part of it elsewhere online, feel free, but add credits Shadow of Shadows magick place, Shadowemail@example.com or a direct link to this post
CREDITS AND REFRENCES:
 more about Rabbit’s foot can be found on here: http://newworldwitchery.com/2010/08/11/blog-post-79-%e2%80%93-lucky-rabbit%e2%80%99s-foot/
 According to Judika Illes, as stated in “Element encyclopedia of 5000 spells” , 737th page
 New international version , retrieved from : http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+57&version=NIV , for educational and explanatory purposes
IMAGE CREDITS: First image, with Angel and the four leaf clovers is from http://leslielynchauthor.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/angel-with-four-leaf-clovers.jpg used here for illustrative and explanatory purposes without any ill will.
Second image, with Sachiel’s seal and signatures, is my personal edition of symbols found on here http://www.archangels-and-angels.com/aa_pages/correspondences/angel_planet/archangel_sachiel.html used here for illustrative and explanatory purposes, without any ill will